Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Letter seventy-nine - Day one-hundred-and-sixteen of your vacation

Dearest J,

It's been 4 days since I check in here.

This morning after a phone call with my sister about CNY, I was combing my hair and making a mental check list on things to do before next week's holiday.  A sudden thought came to me - I wonder if you had the chance to talk to us, what would have been some of your last words.

I imagine you would tell us to take care of some people for you in your absence.  Take care of Mama.  That seem to be your job all your life, take care of things, and take care of people.  Even in your most unintentionally disorganized ways, you have always taken care of things and people.

Mama just rang up!  She asked me to bring friends over for Tristan's birthday.  She is making jelly today, for the party I presume.

Am glad that I was able to `take care' of you a little in the past.  You were the easiest person to please.  You were thrilled just to have me help you pack for your business trips; you were always damn happy to have me around to help you fold those damn working shirts so they fit nicely in your back pack for work; you'd get all glowing just listening to me talk about singing and doing a show.

If anyone is listening, I think you'd want us to take over now, and take care of things.

Call Mama more often, visit her whenever I have the time.  Be peaceful, don't fight, don't get angry unnecessarily, practice singing a lot, sleep early.

I think we'll be fine.  If having known you for that many years mean anything, it would be that now we are able to continue on living your legacy, your old ways as the guiding light.

It's CNY next week.

I had three incredible days down at Singapore this week.  I was truly having a holiday bliss.  Was happy I could be happy there, even without you there...I savoured every single moment of `lepaking' and being with good people, good friends.

I have a gig tonight.

That means it's time to have breakfast, and get ready.

I love you long long....

B

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

taking heart from this.

11:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|