Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Letter seventy-two - Day ninety-six of your vacation

Dearest J,

I just came home.  As I close the door behind me and walked in with my luggage the cool air in our home enveloped me as if saying - "Hey, you're home, welcome back."

The stillness (but still cool) of the air and the beige wash of the furniture shout to me suddenly...I think this is what I will work hard for, ?!  I will work and sweat for just this, coming home from the noise, cars, weather, tolls, hotels and the works - to step into my own cool air at home, no one around, just me and the mute cat.

And I can be stripped of things and just lie there, not say a thing, sing any note, I can just breathe in the stillness of this home.

I am glad you got me into this, am glad you have chosen this one.  I want to own this place.  I really want to.

You like my taste in all the furnishing, though they are minimal, they complete the picture.

Yesterday was a survival experience for me.  I woke up early to get ready to carpool at Charles to go Lumut, my throat was all time scratchy and uncomfortable.  I decided I would pop into the 24-hour hospital down the road again to get some medicine.  I was prescribed with strong antibiotics for the cold, something for the cough and something for the throat inflammation.

I arrived at Charles' first, on time.  No one else was there yet, so Charles let me in and I popped all the bills down my system, empty-stomach system.  Not a good move at all.

I told the boys I needed to take the front seat after we started the journey, late.   At the first gas stop I floated from the car to the toilet and threw up in the first sink I saw, bright red gargle solution spewed from me into the grey sink...and water, and more water.

Ok, now I know.  I cannot stomach the strong medicine first and eat later.  Cushioning first.  I bought some bread and sugar drink and went back into the car, on cloud nine literally.

The sound check felt like an out of body experience, my tongue was asleep and I felt light.


We goofed around after the sound check while we walked back to the our lodging, Best Western Hotel, a few steps from the `multi-purpose-hall' where the 1600 pax dinner was held.

Vincent, Charles and Wei Li saunter back to our hotel from the back of the ware-house looking massive dinner hall.
The show went well however, I came back to myself after a hot shower and some food.  I managed to have fun with the band, dancers and the audience.  It was a big big dinner.  The Siti Nurhaliza song in our second set got response from the right side of stage, Teresa Teng songs got claps from the Chinese on the left side of stage.  The Sinatra classics got some attention from the ONE Caucasian table - BMW management table from KL I think.

I asked the boys to take the master room because two of them would share.  All the rooms in this apartment has attached bath so everyone was  happy.

That's Vincent's sign of relief that we were provided with decent and clean lodging.  Not to mention how big the apartment was.







Love you lots, 

B

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|