Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, January 07, 2011

Letter seventy-one - Day ninety-four of your vacation

Dearest J,

It's a cold cold day here in the flat.  I painted my nails red today, for a show tomorrow in Lumut.  A big dinner party for the car people in Sitiawan.  Practiced my Broadway medley for my orchestra gig next week while I paint.  Thursday is rather tame today, Chels and I wonder why.

Thursday sits with me a lot when am working at my desk, nowadays she sits with me in my leather chair.  The leather seat is tattered with wounds of her scratching, giving it a `new skin'.  She is asleep now behind me on the chair!  Maybe it's the sleepy weather.  I too took a nap after staring at the music and my nails for over an hour.

I sent some flowers over for your mom's birthday today.  I can't make dinner with them tonight.  I bought her some lotion for her New Zealand trip next month, hope she finds them useful.

Down with a cold too.  Sore throat is better now but nose drips.

Next week it turns 100th day, of your departure.  Jan 12th.  A Wednesday.

It's going to be packed week.  Monday dance rehearsal with client review for Tawau dinner.  Tuesday I attending an annual dinner, attending as a guest!  Wednesday night orchestra rehearsal for the Thursday dinner show.  Friday morning I leave for the Sandakan dinner show, Saturday I come home for the Sheraton Imperial wedding show.  Sunday, I will catch a play on its last performance at 3pm, and at night I rehearse ensemble singing for a sacred music concert in July.

Wish you were here.

Much love,

B

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|