Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Letter seventy-eight - Day one-hundred-and-eleven of your vacation

Dearest J,

Am hosting a singing rehearsal at home now.  Scott and gang are rehearsing in the hall now, am not in that piece so I came in here to babysit Thursday while I do my stuff.

The Tawau gig was such an amazing success, am totally relieved.  I had quite some butterflies before the performance...worried about my stamina of moving in that heavy gown and dancing, and singing those what I know now, rather ambitious repertoire.

The ladies at the agency said the host thought I was very good and entertaining!  Entertaining!  I could definitely use that skill - to be entertaining :)  Now this gig would really put off some of my self-soubts for a while, while I work on getting better.

It sure help to have fantastic back-up dancers too!  I was constantly being lifted very high in the air in a few songs and all my dance choreography were so well-designed it made me look good.

The other complement I received was what wonderful dance company that I have hired for the client.  Dawn and company wowed them with a totally sleek Burlesque performance.

Thursday had her third bath earlier.  I mopped the house after I got home from the airport today.

......

rehearsal done :) I sang a Mozart today.

Am off to Singapore in the morning with Tania.  Three days there.  Excited about going to watch Carmen the opera.  Three days in Singapore is too long for me, but it looks like it should be quite a productive one in meeting up with friends.  Going to take Tania to Bugis to shop too.  Want to have lots of great conversations with friends too.

Ok, better eat something and sleep soon :)

I miss you today.  I lied in bed this morning in Tawau, trying to imagine how it felt like to be held by you in bed, when I ask you to hold me tight tight.

Love always,

B

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|