Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, November 05, 2010

Fireworks

Thank you SheahNee for your comment on my previous letter...thank you for sharing your thoughts.  Yes, keep thinking that, they are in better place now.  I will hold that thought too...

Am sitting in my study typing this as I listen to outside, where about maybe four to five different locations are blasting their joyful fire works into the night sky...for Deepavali.

And remembering how I am used to watching fire works here alone.  Last year on new year's eve I got home from a gig in time before the clock strike 12 and was happy to have beat the traffic outside.  Justin was away in Thailand on a bike trip with his friends.  You can imagine how pleased I was when he called me on his Thai number to chat with me while fireworks were going in the background, at my window and at his window...miles away.

He told me how pleased he was that he managed to finish reading a book just before midnight and the fireworks.

And I was pleased that I got home early and away from the crowd and all, eating my curry laksa maggie mee and got to chat with him.

We were just so happy to be together enjoying that joyful moment while being miles apart.  Pleased with ourselves and pleased with having each other on the line.

That is a beautiful memory, amongst millions of other beautiful ones we shared.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|