Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

home, hungry and vain

This is what having a break from regular rehearsals did to me....

Not sure if watching too much old episodes of Sex and The City has anything to do with it but suddenly these facts just jumped at me, the fact that I'm a 30-year-old woman who

has too much clothes in her bachelor flat
walks into her kitchen only to make instant noddles and boil drinking water
freeloads home cook food in friends' homes
spends too much time looking good before going out
obsesses over her hair
sleeps at wee hours, skip meals, eats instant noddles at 3am, still watching Sex and The City

Gee, I'm the girl with the bursting wardrobe and an empty kitchen.

While my at-home lifestyle seems dysfunctional to me (not cooking and sleeping too late), I also realise that the last time I was really working on my music repertoire, was last year December...before I went to Loei for my music camp. These days I stuff too many jazz standards in my head for my wedding gigs and launches that I could hardly remember what Mozart looks like.

Oh ya, I also just went to the gym yesterday for the first time in three weeks...my excuse? All my socks went to the laundry and I just got them back last weekend.

Anyway, I feel good making a list of things that I'm not that happy with - so that it can remind me to stop doing that.

The progress so far,

I have gone to the gym, had one intensive session on my Mozart repertoire at home, signed up for a vocal master class, memorizing some new lyrics for my coming wedding gig, still not cooked any decent food, been going out without eyeliner and mascara (two days)...that's about it so far.

So things are looking less depressing, they are looking up.

Ok, now I will stop obsessing over myself and go do some laundry, then I will go over my crazy Rossini aria before my singing class today.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|