Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Star-struck for Renee

pic by Zalina Lee
star struck cast - from left - William Kao, Kho Mei Ling, Tan Kar Gee, Peter Ong, Miss Fleming, myself and Irma Lailatul outside Chinoz


It is wonderful to see and meet a diva in person, especially one who is warm and understanding.

Renee Fleming came to KL after her concerts in Bangkok and Singapore. We couldn't believe our luck when we saw her walking in with her pianist Hartmut Holl and some other folks (presumably IMG people) half way through our dessert and drinks at Chinoz KLCC after her one night only recital @ DFP.

Almost the entire classical music community was there at the hall on Tuesday.

Renee's musicianship oozes out of her. She is a lot `smaller' (skinnier) than what I imagined...she was warm like what I imagined. I managed to tell her that I love reading her writing (The Inner Voice) and took some shots of her while she was signing CDs and programs.

There were mixed reviews about her performance (about the lieder which I don't know enough to say anything) but I enjoyed thoroughly, of her style, her music, her communication and hmm, those frocks on her were some great feast too.

Thank you for the music and inspiration, Miss Fleming.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|