Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, March 26, 2007

The young Mozartians on Calvin's lenses

After our last curtain call for Magic Flute yesterday, I got yummy fried rice, my cheque and a CD rom of pictures from DRESS REHEARSAL (yes we looked quite different from actual opening night onwards). Calvin Goh (Kelab Shasin Fotografi KL) was the guy who sprawled on the floor, and in other corners of Pentas 1 with his camera, while we had our final rehearsal before opening on 22nd, just barely 6 days ago.

Not sure if Calvin has a photo portal for this series of shots but here you go, some of my favourites.

(Pictures not in order or flow of the story)

Pamina (Irma Lailatul) and Tamino united triumphantly after surviving their last trial from Sarastro (sung by John Tan)
Love, love changes everything..


Three ladies (Wang Dixia, myself, Kho Mei Ling) luring Tamino and Papageno (James Long) to the dark side for Queen of The Night (sung by Tan Sin Sim)


The furious Queen Of The Night orders Pamina to kill Sarastro


I got to sing the other role, of a chirpy Papagena, happy lover of Papageno who gets her at the end. "Then we will have a Papagena!"
Happy to have a `lady bird' of his own, Papageno and Papagena ravelled in their future plans of
a big happy chirpy family.

Sarastro of the temple of Isis and Osiris


Joe Hasham's narration gave the show a lively skin

Conductor Brian Tan

Hail to thee, great Isis and Osiris!

Thank you for the music....The KLPAC Sinfonietta players!

After notes...

The four-day-5-shows performance was sold out on Saturday night and Sunday matinee. It was quite a draining experience to have to remain composed on stage throughout the whole performance, try to keep warm and perform entirely new music (new music for me).

I have been receiving rather positive comments from colleagues and friends on my performance as Papagena and 2nd Lady. Am grateful for their encouragement and feedback. Much left to be said about my singing technique but I remain a keen worker in the singing department.

Other soloists in the line up are strong performers with impressive strings of singing experience, they are humble, giving and fun to be on stage with. I have made great friends in the two other ladies (Dixia n MeiLing), Irma was lovely and we now chat a lot online. Peter was my pillar of strength in times of choas and stress, he is ever composed and calm. Am grateful to Kok Ting (music director) who put up with my lack of music training, I guess what I lack in music, I made up in the attitude department :)

Am happy to have found great new friends in such incredibly short time, and learned much much more in working with people. And boy, do I love Mozart music now.....!!!!

Long live Mozart!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|