Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Potraits of a surprise party

A very good reason to be alive is when you know that you are loved, for whatever you are.

pics by Justin Tan
This cake is simply, just glamorous...
Anyway I failed the surprise test, I was too surprise to look surprised. Serious.
I think, if my memory hasn't failed me, this is my first birthday cake in many many years. I usually cut any birthday cake when there's a group birthday celebration....like the one last year, and the one before, and the one before that. I suck at cutting this one, no training makes you bad at it, am not hinting for more cakes either -- I was just overwhelmed by the effort, hiding people in a room, ordering a cake like that, gifts and all that. But I guess my friends are right, we only turn 30 once...enuf said.

J and I

Sim & SeeMing

Peter dressed up the dogs for the party, a tie for Otto and hair clips for Olivia (somewhere in the room)


we love a good story at a good party

Callista

I was made to sing for my party, I made fun of the dog to nurse my stage fright but SeeMing was faster, she said the dog (Otto) was falling asleep with my rendition of Mei Hwa (Teresa Teng).

Hamsup King (KM) of Klang Valley with Esme, both footing Olivia (in black fur n red hair clips)...Cris chose not to look..

Forever our Sepi (of M! The Opera), Doreen and Cristina

Peter Ong, conductor of the party

Mia Palencia needs no introduction

Zen and Meiling saying hi to Olivia...

TP Lim, he is not just funny, he is smart

Zalina Lee


early to rise this morning, I wrote an email to my friends -


dear friends,


there's simply no better way to turn 30 than the way i did :)

Thank you for the good time last night, and the many happy ones before yesterday.

ok ok i know it's early morning but that's when i get really philosophical too....

morning-after-thought, i realise that i've been collecting more and more material things as i age, i buy bags, dresses, jewellery, shoes, books, vacations...it's easy to fall into a cycle of an almost eternal-more-for-more state of mind. but at the party i was reminded that the gems that make a life great are the ones i find in friendships, laughter, music and more laughs.

that dont mean that you wont see me at any more jumble sales ;p

here's to growing up, music and friends!

hugs

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|