Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

What you've missed - The Beckett people

I am so overwhelmed by the short plays that I've been watching in the last four days at Stor Theatre that I've completely forgotten to tell you a bout them...

sigh, today is the last day of the performance.

KL Ensemble Theatre
presents

8 Short Plays by
Samuel Beckett,
in
"A Bucketful of Beckett: 8 Shots"
directed by Christopher Jacobs

Venue & Dates
Stor Thetare DBP, Bangunan Dewas Bahasa & Pustaka, KL
May 2-6, 2007
Tickets - 6017-616 9568

I have the honour of volunteering as the front of house bitch with Zal. Since the opening I have been going home every night and wikipedia-ed the disturbing materials I see on stage.

Reading all the higher level materials like the theatre concepts of Beckett plays and bla bla bla, I didn't wikipedia the commentary until this morning, and voila!!! Everything is suddenly clear! I spent the last four days getting quite confused with some of the shorts I see every day after I closed the theatre door behind me...stupid of me for not wikipedia-ing the individual shorts.

If you were lucky enough to have make it to the performance so far, you might want to read this if you are still trying to figure out what you saw.

What Where

Not I


Play

Rockaby

Catastrophe

ok, time to get dress and go do my front of house bitch business for the last performance, this round.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|