Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Isn't She Lovely

All I got from her was a smile and a thank-you-clasp/curtsy as she exited while I sang her requested song.

Christy Chung is a babe, like what we see in the papers and TV.

I went to the Marie France Bodyline event prepared with over 20 jazz standards and a few musical odds. Just minutes before the event was to start, the event manager walked to me and said this:

"Christy said it might be nice if you could sing `She' when she walks out of the hall, can you do it?" All I had on my mind was who on earth at that hour, with given few minutes, could whip up the lyrics for me.

Well, my ex-boss did it. In less than ten minutes after I called him, he faxed the song sheet to the venue and it went safe into my file. My pianist? He didn't need it, he is freaking walking music juke box.

Ms Chung is both literally and metaphorically, smooth. Her voice was both calm and excited, her gestures were both appropriately feminine and not dull...her appearance was perfect, but not boring...unlike certain Malaysian celebrity who never fail to look flawlessly beautiful and, quite BORING.

There you have it, the only acknowledgement to my singing in the entire night was the second she turned to me and flashed her Marie France smile and lipped `thank you' before leaving a hall full of people beaming with hope, to be a bit closer to their Bodyline idol.

So, does our world revolves around beautiful people? I think it's more like power and money. Good looks = good money = power? Money = power, definitely.

Anyway last night we had a hall full of little women in their little colorful dresses, one trying to look better than the next. My pianist was visibly amused. These are short and skimpy dresses we are talking about, it was amazing...the air-con was blowing at full blast and these women seemed unfazed by the crazy room temperature. Even my floor lenghth Zara number needs a little cover when I'm not singing.

Whatever it was, I will always value the high value of good dress. Sometimes a certain dress make a woman. Remember Elizabeth Hurley and J Lo?

Speaking of dress, I still haven't found my wedding dress, no, I mean the dress for me to wear to wedding of the year, June 11.

It should be like those dresses Christy wears for her shoots...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|