Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

All Religions Teach Good Things? Then how come....

I finally get to watched [Passion of The Christ], last night, in between my laundry rounds. Now I feel the need to do some research on the historical facts of this man. Any good sites? I guess none, most information or articles written would be biased..depending on the authors.

It sent chills to my spine watching the people carrying out the tasks (more like their hobby, the way it was directed in the movie) of torturing Jesus, those were the same people who believed in God, and their lives governed by religious teachings.

God, I rather not believe in a God if such belief could move me into such cruelty towards another human being...or rather, a human being who claims he is the son of god.

Religion = power = controlling the mass/world
Religion = you don't question, just believe

I don't want to believe, I want to know.

Disturbing.

I'm my own god, my conscience is my temple.

BTW, I don't think it's a good movie, it has very few elements....the goriness kind of wear you out and when you get to the second half, there is really nothing to look forward to anymore. I'm glad we don't kill like that these days...or is there any modern day witch-hunt going on that I don't know about?

(Unfortunately there is still a lot of cruelty towards animals these days, read here)

Next on my staying-home-movie-list:

The Village
Terminal
Breakfast At Tiffany's (all time favourite)
Being Julia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|