Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, February 21, 2005

How To Ruin A Date

Weather report:

Ego = High
Mood = Guilty
Health = Sick stomach, too much of good food

High Ego:
Not only I got a all-match on all the three men I ticked `yes' at speed dating last weekend, two of them have asked me out and one of them can't wait to get into my life.

Results:
he was on his way out when he asked to see me again just a day after I met him for drinks. I thought then, when I got his SMS on Friday, that I would focus the evening's conversation to `let's just be friends now'. I was worried of feeling guilty but he made it easy for me....downright easy, by first of all, being painfully shallow, second, by being impatient.

The `date':
He pushed all the wrong buttons, look boy, confident girls usually don't get turned on by you obsessively telling them how attractive they look (again and again, it's not attractive, see wrong button no 3) -- they already know they look good and that's why they are confident and they are confident, that's why they look good...you get the picture.

Wrong button no. two, low self-esteem, when he asked me what type of men I'm into, I replied: 'Smart.' He squirmed and thought out loud that he doesn't think he is very smart.

Wrong button no. three, shallow minded. He told all he wanted in a woman is a slim figure and dark hair. He didn't seem to have spent much time thinking about her other developments like brains and kindness.

Wrong button no. four, too eager. Right after I got home I sent an sms to thank him for the chat and wished him a nice weekend. I got a reply immediately: "nice weekend? Does that mean I won't see you this weekend?"

I said to myself, that's it. The whole evening I tried dropping hints ("Actually I went to speed date for fun, you can't take things in life too seriously."; "I'm usually friends with a guy before we turn serious."; etc ) I guess they didn't work, I guess I will draw him a clearer picture, I sent a reply telling him that I think it's too soon to meet YET again and besides I need to fit other men into my schedule.

That did it, I haven't heard from him since 1am, Feb 19.

Hate that bitch across the table? Just follow what he did and you will be rid of her in no time, like how I got rid of him.

In another story, I got another date-request on Saturday....too bad, the Friday night date left a bad taste in my mouth, I said another day.

Opps, gotta run, shall continue this educational outreach program tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|