Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My Funny Housemate

Finally, after four months and one day, I met my housemate's girlfriend. I walked into their romantic cinematic (all lights were switched off) on the couch last night.

Everyone's been asking about my chief tenant/housemate's love life. I just never got down in asking him and after a while, I felt it was too awkward too ask. Friends speculated his sexuality (the candles in the apartment) and now I'm proud to present my housemate - heterosexual, after all. Yay.

He was the only one who replied my enquiry through KLUE classifieds. I got there and walked into this incredibly clean apartment with candles, ceiling-high wardrobe and white sofa (!!!!!!). I paid him some deposit right after he walked me to the swimming pool and back to the apartment...it was too good to be left alone. I want that room.

He explained the perks to me and so far they have been realised: he travels for weeks a lot, during which he says I can throw my wild parties (I never do, I think he knew I wouldn't go through the cleaning afterwards); I can use the TV, DVD player, kitchen, vacuum, whenever I want; there's a paid cleaner for the apartment and then there's chocolate whenever he comes back from his glamorous working trips (think Europe and US).

My biggest fear is of course, having to leave this rented home before I get my own place. I often ask him if I make too much noise when he is around, doing whatever I do, singing and watching movies. I have made improvement in the shoe-cabinet, I clean my heels and sandals when I put them back. I'm never late with rent money. I share my food with him...usually after he has eaten (but there was once he just couldn't resist the fragrance of my Aglio Olio he had a small plate though he was full).

And I hope he doesn't suddenly need to marry her and move out of this place, when you have all the good things now it hurts just to think about moving again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|