Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

In Love with Bryn Terfel

PORGY:

Oh, I got plenty o' nuttin'
An' nuttin's plenty fo' me.
I got no car, got no mule, I got no misery.
De folks wid plenty o' plenty
Got a lock on dey door.
'Fraid somebody's agoin' to rob 'em
While dey's out amakin' more.
What for?
I got no lock on de door,
(Dat's no way to be)
Dey can steal de rug from de floor..
Dat's okeh wid me,
'Cause de things dat I prize
Like de stars in de skies
All are free.
Oh, I got plenty o' nuttin',
An' nuttin's plenty fo' me,
I got my gal, got my song,
Got Hebben de whole day long!
No use complainin'!
Got my gal, got my Lawd, got my song.

I got plenty o'nuttin',
An' nuttin's plenty fo' me.
I got de sun, got de moon, got de deep blue sea.
De folks wid plenty o' plenty,
Got to pray all de day.
Seems wid plenty you sure got to worry
How to keep de debble away, away.
I ain't afrettin' 'bout hell
Till de time arrive.
Never worry long as I'm well,
Never one to strive to be good, to be bad,
What de hell, I is glad I's alive.
Oh, I got plenty o' nuttin'
An' nuttin's plenty fo' me.
I got my gal, got my song,
Got Hebben de whole day long.
No use complainin',
Got my gal, got my Lawd, got my song!

Like that song, especially the way , Bryn Terfel sings it. Lover-ly.

Tips for singers (Lisan and gang):

Watch great ones in action (DVD will do also), Bryn, Renee Fleming, Sumi Jo...and let their performance do wonder for your singing. Well, at least it has worked for me. My voice seems clear and strong every time after I watch Renee belting out Song To The Moon....talk about creepy, happy creepy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|