Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Party Animal

I think I found my new calling last night....I'm a party hostess.

Like fish in water, I was laughing through my job last night at a work party, organised to make some companies happy. After ST told me that he thinks I secretly aspire to live in the episodes of Sex And The City, I keep having images of myself talking as Samantha Jones...like last night was the perfect episode of my pilot episode in the hit series, as Samantha JL, the tall (I wish), sexy and elegant PR person who makes all the parties alive. I even got the dress right, as Samantha...but I didn't bring any waiter to bed.

That's it, I can really imagine myself as a party-organiser, the one everyone talks about with great fondness because I put them on the guest list. I have thought about getting into the event management industry briefly...years ago but never imagine it to be something I'd do to pay rent, these days I consider two options for earning a living:

1. Get a job in an industry where my heart is and let work be passion, and passion is my work

2. Get a job that pays and support me, financially and let my passions fill up my free time after work

How many people you know are already in group one?

Anyway, coming back to my party last night...

Running parties can really slim you down, you will not touch any food till all your guests have gotten their share and when you do eat, you will be eating crumbs, and stop after two bites to attend to drunk guests and waiters.

And when it's all over, you are too guilty to be pigging out at 12 midnight...so I had a lousy ice-blended chocolate.

The bill came up to 2k more than we budgeted...looks like the next party will suffer a bit.

Know any good place for booze and finger food for 5k? 80 folks, let me know la.

I finally hit the sack with the slow hum of my tum-tum orchestra stringing the [Hunger Pangs in A Minor].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|