Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Letter fifty - Day fifty-nine of your vacation

Dearest J,

Spent the whole day at home today (Wednesday) with Thursday.  Had a rehearsal at home, had lunch downstairs.  Did some much needed filing of old music scores and paperwork.

Saw an old photo of myself while sorting papers, I looked better there, my face was fuller.  Need to put on weight...need a concerted effort.

I like watching Thursday sleep.  I realise now this was what you liked too, you told me many times that you love watching me sleep in the morning, you said I look so peaceful and `quiet' and I think you must have meant unthreatening and soft, unlike my noisy and sober self - just like Thursday, a picture of peace when asleep, an opposite of her feisty and playful persona when awake.

She is heavier now.  Peter and Nell came by tonight to visit us.  Peter said she has grown.

I have re-organised some parts of the bookshelf, the fiction sections are now more sorted.  Just touching and look at all these books I feel proud.  Together we have put together a collection of really powerful books in one place, from fictional works to great essays, to excellent volumes of science writing, to insightful social commentary....if only I can finish reading most of them, I will be a different person.


Photo of Thursday getting comfy on your chair earlier just before I went downstairs for Hokkien mee.

Sleepy now, going to quickly sleep.

Love,

B

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|