Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Letter thirty-five - Day thirty-eight of your vacation

Dearest J,

I should be sleeping!!  My heart is restless, it is itching to sing a good song.

I revisited a song that I told myself to learn a few months ago, American art song, Richard Hageman's Do Not Go, My Love.



Shared the song with Cher Siang, he told me that song reminds him of two jazz standards of similar mood - Never Let Me Go and Here's To Life.

Shirley Horn's rendition of Here's To Life



These songs are haunting me so that I don't want to sleep just yet.  My brain is tinkling with thoughts of how I want to swallow this music, whole and alive.

Now I appreciate better why musicians, bands, singers would go on putting up a show of their own without much of a pay in return - just so they get to perform something that makes them proud...before they return the next night to a hotel ballroom to play everyone's favourite wedding sets.

I too, ought to do the same, to keep my appetite and hunger for good music alive.

Am excited about the acoustic gig on Friday.

There's going to be another round of prayer at your place tomorrow night, follow by a party.

Ok now I get ready for bed.  Miss you lots!!

Love,

B

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|