Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

of men and their coolness

It was nice sight, very nice one I must say, not something you see everyday, I pity girls who weren't with me that night.

It was work, I had twenty very good looking fellows (male models) dressed in suits for an event. I pinned one of them down to give me a tuition on a Czech song, Rusalka's Song To The Moon (in Czech, of course). And when we finally finish sorting out the words, some of us started crooning the famous aria in the hotel holding room, my jaw dropped when one of them joined me in the whole of page one, in tune and boy, he is a potential counter tenor (go google the meaning of this).

I learned that they eat a lot, like normal guys. The girls would usually leave food behind but that night, I ran out to get more food twice for the starving boys, after their first round of packed dinner.

As usual, there was tons of waiting around in their suits, tons of rehearsals, but they took them all in good humour. They whined about the lack of food but were nice enough to wait, they bugged me with questions but were nice about it...

At moments like this, I really appreciate the qualities that men have which is lacking in the women, though no doubt a woman makes better event manager but it takes the coolness or should I say the `laidbackness' of a guy to cool down a stressful situation.

Chill man, chill.

Speaking of chill, I have to tell this...

..there's a show on TV (forgot what channel) called Work Stress, I saw it first in my hotel room in SM's hometown. On Tuesday the production crew of the same show came into the office and started shooting the group CEO in his room, a glass room right next to my station!

After they were done with him, they kinda moved their attention on me, or my cubicle. The director told me, "hey, could you hold this mic?"

After 5 minutes of shuffling around my station, I realised they were going to `do' me. I was flattered that the CEO told the crew that I was a fantastic singer but was shocked that they don't prepare you for this, the host smiled and said:

"cool, so you just hold the mic and answer my questions, ok?"

"what the fuck...?"

at the end of the interview (which I did pretty well), on the topic of, what else, Work Stress, the host with the glasses as big as mine told me to sing my favourite song for the show.

So I sang my audition song, which is my favourite song.

Pls tell me how I fared in the singing and the impromptu interview if you managed to catch the show. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|