Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Very Emo

I thought it was going to be just one of SM's many merry parties and gatherings, but I got more than I bargained for.

We might never share the same thought when it comes to marriage but I know marriage is special and precious for my best friend and last weekend I witnessed her dream came true...getting married to the one she loves and whom loves her dearly.

The past few months flew passed me with millions events happened and happening including SM's announcing to me on her plan to get hitched.

I was happy but the news missed my reaction. I guess I really came to realise last weekend that my best friend for the past 6 years is finally, really, getting hitched. I was up in her home town with folks from KL (ST's best friend and A the cakap banyak photographer cum entertainer) for her round 1 party.

Though I was getting calls from work every hour or so, it was a truly memorable wedding dinner trip. SM's family members were warm and funny, I had such good time I wish I didn't have to come back so soon.

I watched them at the tea ceremony, and ST getting introduced to all her relatives who came to the house for the occasion. I also met ST's sisters for the first time at the dinner, both sisters are as funny as him.

The surprise was me getting teary, I was moved by the whole occasion...watching them running the party with families, them talking about the love, etc. It was no ordinary wedding, it's a wedding for someone who came this far for a love so real
and someone who believes so much in it.

I think I will never have the same depth as SM when it comes to love and marriage but I'm proud of her for what she and ST have accomplished.

I hope I don't get all messy this Saturday at the round 2 party. I will remember to bring Scottex for the registration.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|