Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Pluck

I have a guitar!

Learning a musical instrument is such rewarding experience...nothing quite match it, it's harder than most things I like, say cooking, it's easier, putting on make-up, or drawing someone else' eye brows, is easier, than playing guitar.

And the thing is, I imagine, once you learn how to play an instrument, it becomes easier than cooking, putting on make-up and drawing a friend's eye brows.

Sister's spanking new and shiny music school is now in operation, she got me in for this guitar lesson, I had my first class with Mr Omar last night. My studio last night was very cosy but the air-con a little cold.

I had a grand time playing with the kids (niece: Yva, nephew: Julian) and singing [I left My Heart In San Francisco] and [I Just Called To Say I Love You] to the karaoke on one of the Clavinova there.

I continued on my new found excitement at Justin's where he taught me a couple more stuff, like guitar warm up exercise (yes, scales!!!) and a few more chords. I guess from now on my evenings are really going to be busy, and precious.

Fantasia Music Studio

It seems this is will be her home away from the house...the kids have a TV room and hang out place when they have to wait for their parents (yes, it's my sister and her husband's home) to finish work.

All the doors are very stylish matte glass with a huge treble clef design. It's the cleanest music school I've ever been in, the smooth rubber wood flooring feel is very relaxing...yes, you remove your shoes at the shoe-house before you get into the school.

The reception area is nice and bright with a floor length windows with open blinds. In front of the windows is a raised platform with guitars, gongo, drums set on display. Facing the spotless and shiny instruments are ceiling-high matching rubber wood cabinets and glass cabinets with merchandises like music books, accessories and CDs. Next to the glass cabinet it's the door way to the management room where the decor is equally delicious, in there are a grand piano and a business-like (again, matching rubber wood) desk. At the doorway of this room is a 4-feet high wooden giraffe, a slight hint that children will not feel lost in this school.

A TV screens musical performances by world-class music icons, the volume is low enough to serve as background music.

Down the hall are series of matching glass doors leading to small studios for different instruments. Each room is equipped with a writing desk, a piano and chairs. The drums studio has heavier door and three complete drum sets. Then there's a pantry and finally, the bath room and the play room for Yva and Julian, there's a TV, sleeping place and a table.

According to my sis, there are some enquiries on singing classes...I guess I should learn how to teach singing soon.

Fantasia Music Studio is located at:

32-B, Section 20/16A
2nd Floor, Wisma Erika
Paramount Garden
46300 Petaling Jaya

T 7873 8991
F 7873 8992
E fantasia@streamyx.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|