Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Peanut Butter & thoughts

I took a picture of the first dish I made @ new place. Pesto pasta with...just onions and garlic. Chief (chief tenant guy) was my first customer, a happy customer.

Then I made omelette with the expired eggs I bought from Tesco (ya, check this out, they sell EXPIRED eggs in Tesco and I was stupid enough to have bought it). I probably wasn't thinking when I made that, because I poured at least about eight table spoons of oil into the non-stick frying pan. Was I thinking? No. It was awful, all we could taste was oil, I threw the thing out after an hour.

Last night's supper after rehearsal was my new love: peanut butter sandwich. It felt good because it was the first time I skipped supper at the mamak with the gang, I could never say no to it usually because I love hanging out with the girls. But it makes me feel like I could take care of myself when I skipped the outing and had an early rest, not forgetting also saving five or six bucks on food.

The decision to cook, no, the decision to try to cook for myself as much as possible is so that I can eat better food and second, hopefully it's a cheaper option than eating out all the time.

The pesto sauce is my favourite sauce but it isn't cheap -- good food
The peanut butter, however, can last many loaves of bread -- cheap food

I suppose if I only need to cook for myself and not offer some to chief every time I cook, the food stuff could more miles.

Please don't think all this careful planning is due to my reckless purchase of the Aldo 284. Really, it's for the long run...you should aim to cook and eat out less too.

Actually it's all starting to sound quite good now, the new life. I can't say that it would be exciting but it would be good for at least...let's say, before I get bored. I visualise going grocery shopping after work on Fridays, wake up on Saturdays to have light breakfast before my voice lesson. Come back from class and cook for late lunch and dinner, swim in the evening. Sunday mornings can start with a quick dip in the pool and then make meals from whatever left over from Saturday.

Nice and quiet. I guess after a while it will get too quiet. Of course in between my solitary cooking and swimming I would have outings with friends, sometimes with Justin even.

I'm still feeling lazy about meeting new people and networking. I was at a working event recently and it was a scary experience: I stood there at the reception table, unable to move my feet across the hall and make conversations with the clients. It was so hard, I was hesitant, worried I would make a fool of myself trying to make the right conversation topic. It was like jumping into the deep end of the pool for the first time, it was scary.

I know the only way to kill the fear is to face it. I did some talking with some of them finally but it was nothing compares to what I should have done. It's been too long since I last felt comfortable just talking up anyone. Or maybe because it was a surrounding I wasn't familiar with (it was my colleague's project, not mine). Whatever it was, I wish I had thicker skin that day....I used to be known for having thick skin!!!!

SM said I should work towards getting paid for my real talents. It makes perfect sense but I wonder how many actually get down to getting a job in an industry where their real talents lie.

My talents are singing, fashion styling, organising jumble sales & science camps, front house works and writing diaries.

Anyone got jobs for the above?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|