Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Material Girl

Please stop reading if you are not shallow because this is a blonde post.

I blew RM 284 on a pair of black heels, for a performance where we don't discuss singers' pay. Wow me, wow, I'm a big spender.

Before I blew my last three hundred bucks in my wallet, I spent RM 150 on a pair of sexy black pants for the same reason.

Who says women are reasonable? I skipped dinner (good thing I munched on those steamed peanuts before I left for One Utama) and walked non-stop from six fifteen pm right up to ten pm when the stores were closing. And as if starving myself was not bad enough, I tried on countless pairs of spiky-killer-ill-fitting black pumps.

Finally at ten pm, I settled for the most expensive pair I saw the entire evening, because they were the best I found. Aldo, the label name, Canadian, I was told by the slightly cocky but helpful shop hand, "It's all fully-imported."

What do you mean by `FULLY-imported'?, I asked sarcastically. Didn't get me, she frowned and repeated, "Fully imported, I-M-P-O-R-T-E-D." Exactly, what is the difference between `imported' and 'fully imported'? What the fuck is `fully-imported' anyway??

Anyway, the pair that burnt the hole in my wallet: Aldo black pumps (actually it's stiletto), size 37, RM 284, I think two and a half inch heels. Let's call it Aldo 284.

Aldo 284 should do nicely with the RM 150 sexy high-waisted black pants. The pants is the kind so fitting that you are suppose to wear and refrain from eating.

Oh ya, walked pass Beatrice Looi and got my second dress there, this time I paid the full price because there was no sale. Cream color floor length dress, again, it's empire-waisted with chiffon outer skirt, with chiffon scarf-straps that I figured out, can be worn as:

1. shoulder straps

2. tube dress -- tie the scarf-straps at my back

3. sleeves -- straps to go round my shoulders and tie/pin down at the back with a ribbon knot

I know I have talent in styling.

Dress, RM 335, alteration fee, RM 30. I hope I get into the National Finals (final/evening round) in December. Otherwise I'll just be a stylo-mylo wannabe.

With all that achieved, I didn't get to buy the much needed table clock, tissue paper and floor mat.

I should be officially broke for the month very soon. I will be living on my favourite cruisine: Maggi Mee very soon. If you are visiting me soon, please get me some food stuff, for my meals between now and my next paycheck, end of October. Thank you all kindly.

****************

Haven't shop like that for a while now. Shopping in One Utama is quite an experience, especially if you are alone and have plenty of time to wander around, I mean you eyes wander around.

There are just so, so many, so many very pretty girls out there. No, I think `pretty' sounds wrong, it's not how I would describe them....let me see,

incredibly well-groomed
polished looks
`Marie France' bodies
too-good-to-be real looks
unbelievably fair-skinned
above average height
straight long hair (I also have straight hair but mine is not straightened)

You get the picture? Where the hell did they come from? I don't this phenomenon few months ago. I spent the whole night ogling at them and wonder if suddenly the Singapore island girls have migrated to One Utama. Yes, I get it. They all look like the typical (yes, TYPICAL, sue me) Singaporean girls.

Although I must admit that I wish I have better skin, I can't say that I envy them, because they all look so `sama'. Same hair, same clothes, same boyfriends, same make-up (oh yes, the make-up!)...etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|