Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, October 01, 2004

New bed, old heart?

Damai Block, Diaman Crimson, nice address huh?

It's definitely a grand upgrade from my Pandan Indah's Nuri Court where I started with a plastic wardrobe. Now this new room comes with a built-in wardrobe (ceiling-high and VERY new), a BRAND NEW bed (high wooden head board and very classy), study desk (maybe it's a vanity desk) and air-conditioner.

The thing that impress anyone who walks in is that it's VERY clean. The kitchen is fully equipped with stoves, microwave and a fridge. Washing machine is free for me to use, Astro (though I hope I spend more time reading, we'll see)...hot shower, shoe cabinet, etc.

The man: the chief tenant is my only housemate, a QA engineer, seems easy-going. He spent loads on the furnishings...he must be loaded.

Facilities: swimming pool, reading room (bring your OWN reading materials), gym, badminton court.

Amenities: Laundry, snooker centres (two of them!!), hair saloons, facials, tuition centre, mamak, chinese hawkers, convenient stores...etc.

Potential: it would be a `love shack' for me - where I learn to love myself more and love others; a place where I would have more regular singing practices; a place where I cook and read, rest and heal, sing and dance.

*********

When I go through a day without stopping to think of him, it genuinely shocks me: the speed of my healing..well, I can't say for sure but it feels like healing. And I can't tell whether it is my heart or my head that is finally registering and accepting the incident...

I thought my feelings would linger a while longer, I thought I'd go through months and months of lifeless living. I hope I'm not in denial and imagine all this `healing' thing going on. I still feel a lot of love for him, but perhaps the emotional attachment is slowly losing its grasp.

Thoughts for the weekend, quotes from [Tuesday with Morrie]:

"Everyone knows they're going to die, but nobody believes it. If we did, we would do things differently."

"Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."

"We are too involved in materialistic things, and they don't satisfy us. The loving relationships we have, the universe around us, we take these things for granted."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|