Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Networking

Have to forego attending a glamorous (i reckon it would be, as seen in magazines) fashion/lifestyle magazine dinner this Friday. Why? Vocal rehearsal with some folks for an up coming gig, ok ok, a concert.

I remember when SM first took me to the many many launches/parties/dinners, some we had formal invitations, some we gate crashed; I always had fun despite the fact I was less-experienced and more nervous. Nowadays I'm less energetic...I mean, on one hand, I appreciate the fact that I'm more confident these days, on the other hand I wish I was less of a cynic.

It's not that I don't enjoy meeting people these days, I do, I still chat like a motor...in fact I've grown more savvy these days --- I even know when to shut up. It's just that I feel tired, mentally tired in extending my hand out and flash a `muffin-smile' (just learn the term the other day -- how do you smile when someone gives you a muffin?) and giving my pitch.

But it's funny now, the more I feel I lack enthusiasm in meeting new people/strangers, the more I want to go out and prove me wrong. I just want to show to myself that I still have it. My record was exhausting one box of name cards in five days.

Just wait, soon as I'm done with my month-long rehearsals and gigs, I'll run back to the scene. SM, wait for me??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|