Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Latest Read

Found this book on the shelf at Zen Feel Tea House, Jalan Sultan. Was there last week for the The Voice of The Women concert rehearsal. My singing apparently suck that day, so this book seems to be THE reward.

[Jin Guo Zhi Wei] (the taste of the forbiden fruit) is by Zhang Xiao Xian, a Chinese writer, her compilation of short essays on relationship.

Her observation of the modern relationship of men and women is sharp. Many of them will make us turn uneasily in our chairs.

The writing is so good that if I try to translate it would lose its meaning, I fear. Want to read it? Let me know, I might just get myself a copy...hopefully after ten rounds of reading I will be able to translate some of the pieces that touched me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|