Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Letter one hundred and eleven - the days go on

Dearest J,

I received 20 ang pows this year, got quite a sum for that.  I ended up giving out more than I received in ang pows - I think that's part of being grown up - you give money during CNY.  I gave red packets to Max for CNY, gave one to Tristan for his birthday.  Gave one to Yva for her birthday (Jan 28), gave one to my sister's maid.  And tonight I gave one to Mama.  I gave most of my ang pows money back to parents.

My mom is really fond of Thursday.  She offers to take Thursday back to Taiping for me if I get an oversea assignment next year, for three months.  I told her no because I don't think Thursday would work very well in that open environment, I worry that she might run out to the wild and got lost.


pic from a show last year for you, I like this one a lot.

The London trip was wonderful.  I walked so much in that pair of boots you bought me about eight years ago that my left ankle hurt badly everyday.  Am really looking forward to the beautiful trip to Scotland and Lake District in March.

Do you know that a person can be sad and happy all at the same time?  That's how I feel earlier when I left your house after dinner.  Tristan is bringing lots of joy to your folks.

Am starting singing class again with Cecelia, this week!  It's about time - because I have been over thinking about my singing technique and it's driving me crazy so it's good that I will get to face myself in the class very soon.

I bought three magazines for myself at the London airport - Time, The Economist, and The Economist special edition - The World in 2012.  I decided that I want to read the news more, and get some knowledge about the world.  So far the reading of these articles have been really enlightening.

Got really busy with my gigs last last one week.  I turned up my tolerance level for the CNY program, had everyone stuck in my flat for a good few days, everyone in the family except sister.

I stopped asking myself questions about my future for romance, I realised moments ago.  It's too time consuming wondering how to move on to a new relationship, I know now I need all the time I have now to do the really important things - sleep, do all the reading that's waiting to be read, listen to more recordings.  I know that by investing in these activities I will reap real results, - more sleep means better skin, more reading means happier, more listening means I will sing better -- all these far better than wondering when the next guy would drop in.

8th day of CNY, outside the fireworks are going crazy.  Last night from 1am up there was some dudes sawing off branches of a huge tree just RIGHT outside of our bedroom, 21 floors down, infront of the temple.  It's crazy to think that I live next to all these crazy late night repairs, road repairs, tree cutting, drunk men screaming from the road...but am in love with this place.

Will write again, don't know when, but I will write.

This weekend, my first ever show at Alexis Ampang, finally :)

miss you much,

B

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|