Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Letter one hundred and seven - Day three hundred and seventy-seven of your vacation

Dearest J,

Oct 3 came and went.  I had the most wonderful day, busy running here and there - the way you like.  Nell, Peter and I went to the Assumption Soup Kitchen to help with the work.  Then SeeMing and Max came later, and Chelsia arrived late - just in time to join us for lunch at Raju's.  Grace and Eng Eng were there too.

I had the most wonderful day, it was filled with food, eating, singing (I sang at Pavilion for a preview event for Dama Orchestra show), and friends, and your family.

Sep 28th outing at No Black Tie was a complete surprise for me, I was overwhelmed by the number of people who came to see me sing.  I knew that the booking was very full days before the show but I didn't think all of them would turn up and more would go to the door to try to get a place in.  And the most amazing thing for me was that people stayed till the end, some of them standing.  And my Dama gang stayed outside at the bar to listen to me.
pic by Brandon

To say that I was touched and moved is an understatement...in fact till today am still finding ways to thank you these people.

pic by Horng Yih
The run-thro before the show was stressful, my songs were obscure and new to us.  But we stayed together during the show and I was energized by how much I wanted to give to the songs and their meanings.  It was a very good birthday for Susheela.  I may even say it was totally orgasmic.

Evelyn has offered another slot for me this coming December 14th.  I want to sing songs that you like.  Am making the list now as I write.

Of course, then there was the over 3-week long downtime of the iMac.  Peter helped me carried it in to Machines on Sep 14th, they changed the hardrive for me.  When it came back, it wouldn't work after I restore the data onto it from time machine.  The technician was on leave for over 10 days so I just lived out of my iPhone for emails and put all my paperwork on hold till...Oct 10th.  Somehow after that the time machine acted up and wouldn't work.  This morning I had to call for help and had it reformatted.  It's now backing up my data from scratch.

There's your data still on this baby, not sure if I can access it but I guess I will leave them be.  Then there's your blue jeans still hanging at the back of the door in our room, I haven't moved it since you last wore it and left it there.

Am going to work on something exciting for my music.

As you can see, since you left, the last 12 months have been a whirl wind of activities for me - mostly music and mostly, quite thoroughly - good things.

Brandon says this is the universe's way of checking things in balance.  I told him I thought this is all like a sick barter trade for me - nature took you away from me and has given to me in place of you, all these things - the sing-song things, the travelling, more sing-song. I told my audience at No Black Tie that years ago when you first became smitten with me, you told me that you just want to see me sing, you just wanted to help me sing more - because when I sing, you could see that I was so happy.

Well baby, you just did that.  Exactly what you'd wished for.

Much love.  Miss me lots,

B

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|