Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Letter one hundred and nine - Day four hundred and twenty-seven of your vacation

Dearest J, 

I am deliriously happy.  Wish you were here to watch me glow.

I bought a painting I adore a lot, it took some time to become mine but it's her now in our home.

The songs I wrote for you are done, I only need to grow in them and wear them out this coming Dec 14th at No Black Tie

Here's a photo of Goldfish on its temporary wall - our room.  It's going to go on the living room wall.
It's by Mun Kao, you will like him too.

The first song I worked on for you started last year, with Saidah in one sitting, we came out with a pretty good structure.  It was left in the drawer for close to a year until October this year...Saidah and I met up again and it's finally done.  It's so beautiful and it's about us, and freedom and about eternity.

Then in November, or maybe it was sometime end of October I wrote another set of lyrics for another song - I thought I was going to write the melody as well but that didn't go so well so I asked Cher Siang to write the music for me.  He drafted something for me middle of November and it's so pretty.  Today we met up and I think we got it, it feels natural to me to sing it now, after Cher Siang adjusted the key and worked out the timing with me.

The song starts with a lament of a restless heart and a moon brightly lit in the sky.  It's an uplifting song though and till today I didn't have a title that I like for it yet.  But just a few hours ago I came up with a decision, it's going to be named Your Song.  Cher Siang titled the email subject as Your Song when he first sent me the recording of the melody (with his singing).  I told him today that I don't have a title for the song yet and asked him to help me think of one.

But when I came home I remember the first time you ever played a song for me was Elton John's Your Song.  You sat at your old house's verandah with your guitar and sang me that song, I stayed the night at your place years and years ago...before we were even lovers.  Soon after that I remember I cut my nails short because you were going to teach me how to play the guitar.

Don't worry that I seem to be talking all around you, or that my life now still seem to be a one big consequence of you...am very well.  Most of them am very very happy because I am focusing on doing things that make me really really happy.

Though missing you is a bit painful.

The other time am spending it on singing and singing, learning how to dance, visiting Mama and take her out sometimes, reading, go out on a date with myself (very lovely experience I find), planning on travels, talk to my sister sometimes, cooking...

I just found this song by Katie Melua and I now think she writes the most beautiful lyrics, comparable to John Lennon and Paul McCartney.  I love the lyrics, as much as I love her Nine Million Bicycles.  Also, apparently she is a member of an astronomy club, how cool is that - like us...members of the Astronomy club in MNS...

I'd Like To Kill by Katie Melua

I'd love to kill you with a kiss*
I'd like to strike you down with bliss
I'd like to tie you up in knots
Until your heart stops

I'd love to kill you with a glance
I'd like to put you in a trance
I'd like to drug you with my scent
And use you in the moment

I'd love to kill you while you eat
The pleasure would taste so sweet
I'd like to open up your skin
And wander there within

I'd love to kill you by a stream
When no one can hear my baby scream
And then I'd run away and be freeThe sweetest victory

I love to watch you in your sleep
Cause you don't have power over me
And when you're awake I'm undone
Under your spell - in hell


Much love,

B

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|