Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Clouds and Silver Lining

Am not sure where I got my trait of positivism from, I'd like to think that I've rubbed it off J.  Am please to know that I have remained a person who always look for the silver lining on a cloudy day.

Life is wicked, it has its own funny, wicked way of teaching you things.  Haven't you noticed that for those of us who walked away from a crisis, a predicament; or just simply, those of us who got shit on, but got out of it as a survivor, is stronger? And became stronger, a better, wiser person - have you?

Today has been a really productive day.  A full productive day on first day of Raya.

Last year on first day of Raya, J and I took a long slow walk from Viva to KLCC.  We have done that kind of walks many times before, at other places.  We are lovely that way that we both enjoy the serenity of just walking, looking at the streets and places at a speed we don't see when we're riding in cars or on bikes.  Sometimes we hold hands, sometimes we talk, sometimes he walks ahead and sometimes I lead.  He bought me some new books at Kinokuniya in KLCC and we had some tea at the Harley Davidson shop in the mall.  It's just so nice to have such memories to embrace on Rayas.

Spent the whole day out with Nell and Peter and gang.  Morning open house at Zakri's, with Sushee and gang.  I people-watched and devoured the great Raya delicacies there with an ease I haven't been able to find for days - given what have been happening in my head the last week.  We hung out quite a bit, played with Zakri's godsons and just chilled.  Next stop we moved to F Sulaiman's open house.  I continued to eat while Peter and Nell watched me eat and chatted.  I sat at a table full of ballet dancers/teachers/ex-dancers, etc, totally enjoyed myself in the world of ballet conversations.  We stayed till it was dinner time...

Drove over to Peter's to allow him 5 mins to change into something more friendly for casual dinner with TP's mom and gang.  Tania and mom, TP and mom, and her friend, TP's brother.  Social catching-up couldn't get more productive than today's itinerary.  To top it off, we dropped into Zal's after dinner to check on her new born and to fill her in on what's been happening outside of her confinement.

Anyway, back to the starting subject of the entry.  Recent happenings at rehearsals have been a rich journey of character-building and learning process.  There have been days when I doubted the choice I made, I weigh on the pros and cons of my decision and try to find all the positive grounds in it.

Amongst some of the rather profound ideas that came up in conversations today :) -

Ego can build a person, can kill it too.

Don't let your ego play its tricks on you, it can bring about a lot of unnecessary stress and really, a waste of our time.

Understanding our insecurities help...

Knowing what's important to us help...

It's a nice feeling knowing what your next move is.  I am looking forward to another week of unknown uncertainties, from the external - and knowing where my heart lies and where my head is.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|