Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, February 04, 2011

Letter eighty-two - Day one-hundred-and-twenty-three of your vacation

Dearest J,

Went to your house today with my parents & sister.

Your mom gave me my ang pow and smiled, "Find a new boyfriend." ....I don't remember what were her exact words but you get the message la.  She hopes I find a new boyfriend soon I think.

I don't know which is harder, to find a boy I like here, or to meet someone who will like me for me here...or to actually imagine that one day come soon when I would stop comparing people to you.

Anyway, you will be glad to know that....actually, am glad to know that am in no rush to find that person.  Mostly because I have never rated this city as a great place to meet good people, for that purpose.

Started reading The Fountainhead a few days ago, I was reading it day and night in Taiping.  One of those great reads that make me stop in the pages for breathes, and to recover I needed to sip water.

There was a lot of news on TV about road accidents.  I was reading the book while mom watched the news at sister's.  We saw a few bodies lying lifeless next to vehicles on TV.  Mom turned to me and asked me about you.

I just told her flatly that I wasn't there when you fell so I don't know the details.

Sigh, I remember how I used to annoy you with my endless queries about useless details and trivial,  you used to tell me they don't matter.  Now I can truly appreciate whenever I get asked about the detail of your accident.

This time this year, am serious about taking up meditation.  I will call TP's brother to get details about his meditation class on Mondays.

Going to do some music work now before I call it a night.  Tomorrow morning parents go to Singapore and am having a packed day with social events: a yu-shang lunch gathering and a house dinner party.

Am so happy am reading a book the way I am now, hungrily.

Miss you,

B

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|