Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Jumble Sale for the Bold n Fashionable

I vacuumed my apartment three times in the period of two days. Got up early on Sunday morning and fussed over my merchandises for over an hour....by nine twenty I was whining to sweet J that my fantastic work of turning the apartment to the chic-est boutique was going to go to waste if no one turned up.

He said he would gladly buy everything off me and I can invite all the girls to come and pick their freebies.

SM and ST finally came round ten am, she picked up my fave knee-length Audrey-like little black dress I used to wear a lot, a pink top I bought for my mom in HK who complained the neckline was too low and passed it to my sister who passed it back to me, and also a leather bag I bought about 6 years ago in Amcorp Mall's glorious years of very-authentic-flea-market.

After they left, I ate my breakfast with sweet J who was talking me into renting a whole apartment by myself and set the place to an appointment-basis second hand clothes haven.

Sweet idea, can consider....

While I slouched and wonder when the door bell would ring again, it did. Girls!!! Two of them outside the door, I checked out their styles immediately and was quite sure they would find their treasure in my goods.

Who said they didn't? We quickly make friends and soon we were having a fashion forum in my room which was the fitting room for the day, I watched them change in and out of different styles of dresses and skirts and compared notes. They were both my age and from Taiping too!!!!!!

They took a small pile of clothes each and paid very good price for them. I tell you there's nothing sweeter than giving my customers the same satisfaction I get in buying nice clothes in very very good prices.

Empress was the next to arrive after my Taiping counterparts left. Within minutes, Y from office also arrived and things just couldn't get any better from then. Y picked up a huge pile of clothes to try on and I was the default shopping consultant, how easy.

It was a really good clothes-n-girls party.

The ever funny Z showed up with the appropriate party tools - cakes from Strudels and soft drinks. She lounged with sweet J by the couch who was possessed by his computer game Blood Rayne. Since Z wasn't shopping she became my moderator for price tagging, though I always go to her for the nod or look of approval two seconds two late -- after I tell my buyers my price -- should have logged in Z's price before I throw my quotes to buyers.

Of course then the queen of them all for the day arrived with her mom who was in the same league as the daughter in the department of dressing and shopping. Signal Master and mom got into the serious business of trying on A LOT of clothes very quickly. I was so glad that my collection of Chinese silk blouses found a fan, the mom bought one of them she fitted nicely and also this very very eccentric see-thro dress I thought I would never find the next owner, also taken by her was my funky bright orange kitten heels.

(look out for pictures from this party)

Signal Master had a small mountain of clothes in my room, while she tried on all the clothes with the door opened (so that I could give her comments on how she looked in each of them) I `entertained' the folks with my next operatic number, Barber Serville's Una Voce.

When S Master was finally done...not true, she was not really done until she walked out of the apartment. I needed one whole page of my note book to calculate her total damage. Every items were in a small army, bunches of blouses, skirts, shoes, accessories, bags, pants....reminded me of my shopping at SPCA, except this is way better quality.

Y and Empress watched S Master settled her accounts with me and left for their appointments. Empress to her day-two dance competition and Y to home...

Oh ya, I received an sms from Y at 2am this morning telling me to bring her the two shirts she contemplated buying at my place.

Z stayed back to the party of three when others left with their goods. Sweet J was getting stoned from playing with monster with huge tits on his notebook. We stopped the music and switched to Animal Planet for a change.

We moved the party of three which turned four (C happened to be around there) to The Curve's O' Brien. Sweet rewards of salads in wraps and wasabi-flavoured chips with diet Coke.

Will deal with the leftover merchandises tonight and decide on my next sale. So look out you girls who missed the party....it might be a car-boot sale on a good windy day or it could be a store in some flea markets. It will come again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|