Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, July 29, 2005

High Life & Bedroom

My room needs cleaning, badly. Cleaning my room, tonight's mission. Vacuum, wipe all dusty tops, laundry, filing stray CDs, organise music files, sleep.

That's today, yesterday, last night, was....

Went to Frank Lai show last night at the all new Starhill Gallery, the model line-up were dotted with few ex-Miss Malaysia and some of my favourite clothe-horses. The choreography for round two really got me, it opened with her scream, an ear-piercing high scream from other end of the walkway, making every single head turned to look at the unsuspected end of `stage'. Everyone's favourite bee-stung-lips model ran across the red carpet and continued to scream and fell on the floor, scared.

By then you would have broken into a smile and said, what a refreshing staging of clothe parade.

First round with post-war French songs blaring with smiling models sashaying happy colors, lots of smiles and colors...

Second round screamed attitude, with the scream which opened the round and with bee-stung-lips regaining her posture at the other end, she stood up and took off the thick and puffy skirting from her dress and walked down towards the cameras with defiance and pale lips.

Very very pale lips, high arch and pencil-thin drawn eye brows, panda black eye make-up and zombie-expression, that really got the crowd going. The mostly local second round line-up stomped on stage with biting attitude...as there was no raised walk way, they stared you in the eye with great indifference and I tell you, those pale lips with black eyes (and arched brows) ROCK! Some of them threw fists in the air, one of them would grab your shirt and picked a fight, some warned you with their close proximity.

After the while sipping on Margarita in champagne glass (duh), I took some tips from an experienced and ever-so-cheerful booker who is my inspiration.

"Always carry an exercise book and write EVERYTHING."

Ok, I guess my palm size notepad is too dainty for serious note-taking.

I left the glittery scene just in time for my appointment with my pianist and potential client -- wedding singer job.

The bride-to-be and I share favourite songs and music. She is into the jazzy 40's. I have to nail this one, I better re-think my quote. She seemed to like my voice a lot but my pianist gave me a lecture after they left on the fine art of quoting your craft in KL.

Fine craft + reasonable pricing = lots of gigs = NICE income

We planned to nail some recordings with my MP3 player soon.

But tonight, tonight I clean my room.

Tomorrow I sing, and Sunday I sing. Monday back at work, must bring exercise book with me at all time.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For best accord in replica handbags birkin, attending for superior birkin bag offered by replica-luxurybags.com! replica handbags uk consistently accept in giving rational judgment. This is the capital acumen why a lot of of the companies who abort to bout up with the replica bags of their barter clumsy to survive in the atrociously aggressive market.

1:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|