Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Void

I keep reaching to switch on the stereo that is not there anymore.

It's a lot like losing someone you love, going through a break-up, divorcing your partner, missing your limb.

Traffic jams, queuing in line for your parking ticket used to be more pleasant. My brain is still taking time to adjust to the void in the stereo box, I keep thinking that I have turned down the volume...

I guess it's like you will keep turning over to talk to your partner at the other end of the living hall, to realize that the person is not there anymore.

A blaring stereo is also a good partner when I drive in a scary dark road at wee hours...

and of course a good buffer for those awkward silent moment with someone in your car...And many more.

******

Money money money...

I have a list of so-called urgent buys, all serious spending:

A recorder (record my voice lessons and my singing, can then make a demo file)

A keyboard, to learn new songs -- speed up learning process

A car stereo, to fill up the void in my hours in the car/on the road.

Rehearsal for Py starts tonight...my heart sings with excitement. Movement workshop for M will start in about three weeks, can't wait. Maybe the dancing shoes I bought from Goddess will finally see daylight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|