Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Beautiful Wedding from Inside Out

I'm still drinking in the sight in my mind, it was right out of a movie...maybe one of those surreal and romantic flicks...

SM and ST wearing bliss and happiness by the scenic pool of Luna Bar, both staring into the sun set while their wedding party guests gasped in sheer envy and delightfulness.

I thought SM looked like the most beautiful nymph (bright orange dress with chiffon skirting, beads-n-crystal-filled the whole blouse, a single red Gerbera in her hair) while ST was the happy man who got seduced.

She also gave a beautiful speech after ST narrated their love tale in his usual funny-man fashion, SM urged her friends to not give up on love and romance. I would not attempt to reproduce her fine words here but when you get the chance, speak to her for first hand advice.

The 200 folks milled around the Luna Bar pool in appropriate `poolside glam' gear while the weather cooled down as the sun sets in the horizon. There were reunions of old friends, and meetings for the new. Each guest were given a little red itinerary with two lists of `to-do-lists' at the party.
Sharon Bakar reports.

And do check out TV's pictorial report on the morning registration.

It was the more emotional bit, for me, during the marriage registration in Brickfields that morning. My heart skipped a beat when SM and ST said: "I do." I don't know if anyone can share the feelings I had then, as I have seen SM sailed through relationships with her heart fills with determination to keep love alive in her, it was simply a moment where no word can describe my happiness for her that, she has, simply found the ONE.

Coming back to the merry party in Luna...I had my share of fun by answering countless times when people asked me what IS a booker and where I got my green hat with feathers from.

Many spoke kind words and showered me with compliments for my little rendition of songs (they were Misty, Close To You & Till There Was You), my favourite one has to be from the director of Lips To Lips:

"Hi Janet, nice works. I've never heard you sing. I thought it was going to be terrible but it wasn't" (smirk)

Apart from the comments on singing, I got a lot of `So when it's your turn?', it was puzzling at first, I asked myself why the heck they kept asking me that? It turned out it's common that people bug the `bestwoman', I wonder if BC the bestman got it too...

Definitely an evening of glitterati celebrating one of KL's best-loved PR, I wouldn't risk my life in trying to name everyone there...check out the official site for updates in a few days' time. There were social activists, celebrities, journalists, celebrity bloggers, writers, sing-song-writers, film makers, poets, bums, actors, house wives....

The evening finally ended for me when I left their cozy honeymoon suite in Pacific Regency...the room smelled of rose petals and jasmine, and romance. There were naughty notes left in every room in the suit/apartment by Sepet star, we suspect it was him.

The end of an era, SM's singlehood...and beginning of SM-ST-hood.

Happy Ice-landing ok?

Don't forget my souvenir from Paris, preferably second-hand one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|