Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Wobblyssimo

Word of the day, Wobblyssimo. Founder: Edwin Sumun

Edwin named the wobbly thingy we were told to do at M Opera workshop that...after going the other terms, fortessimo, mezzo-piano, pianissimo..etc.

I have a little problem creating this vocal effect, wobbling, fluttering, whatever you call it. Saidah said mine production of wobbliness is too pretty, too clean. It's actually a thrill, a fast and stridden one. Try this at home.

Workshop is fun and challenging...never boring. The working schedule next year does seem a little scary. Music memorized by April, intensive dance workshop in August and September, rehearsals starts in September right through December and in January 2006 the show will run for eight nights.

The description of the Opera is very exciting. I wouldn't attempt reproducing what Saidah described. There should be some publicity By the way, I have tremendous respect for that woman now that I have seen her in action...she and CM are two music women you gotta take your hats off to. No doubt the production sounds very ambitious and I guess it's a cool deal for me, with the workshops and all that, I will definitely grow a lot at the end of it....and at whatever sum I'm getting paid.

On another note, in arts. I finished the Puteri Gunung Ledang audition right through and through, proud of myself. It was a tall order for someone with two left feet like me. The video was rolling and I started the routine and singing fine...less than half way through I forgot my steps because I was concentrating in the singing, then when I picked up the dance again I had to stopped singing to continue dancing. Tragic.

They have to be blind to accept me into this dance-driven production...not that I'm being pessimistic (I'm happy I got call-back and went through the whole ordeal), I don' expect to get in. I learned the all-important thing again in performing arts: training helps. BB, Nic n C all look so different from most of the girls auditioning -- for they are trained dancers. C's ten years in ballet makes a huge difference...her turns, posture and walk are just more graceful or should I say, more stylo?

...though it seems my trained voice didn't seem to have made much contribution (yet) at the workshop this morning, what she wanted for the opera was flexible voice which isn't what I'm taught in my voice lesson. Bet I will be a superwoman/super-singer when she's done with me in these workshops.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|