Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Sweet Young Thing

When do I cease to be a sweet young thing?

I'm 27 and will be 28 in a few months....am I still a sweet young thing (SYT)? Is SYT a term used in relativity? That you are still a SYT if you are in the company of elder people?

I asked my colleague WP who is also 27. She said WE are no longer SYTs, we are not that young anymore.

Ok I agree. I guess I like being 27, it's silly because no one can stay at 27 for over 12 months. I like being 27 because 27 to me is just right, nice. You are not too young and you won't be passed over as a silly young chick who have too little life experience to earn respect from those elder ones. Yet at 27 you are still young enough to be considered a young and dynamic person (yes, all these speaking in the context of a 27-year-old female).

A lot of high achievers are considered high achievers when they are 27. How old is Siti Nurhaliza? Alicia Keys? Ok maybe they are younger but when they turn 27 in one or two years' time, they will be great stuff and they are 27!

I certainly don't feel as vulnerable as before, when I was 21, 22. I remember I dated a lot back then. I remember how guys used to tell me my heart was `not opened' and that I was fidgeting a lot when on a date. I remember feeling nervous and was shy to tell people what I didn't know, I remember being the one ogling at the taller and more beautiful women next to me.

I'm so glad I'm older now...not that much older that I can't remember those feelings, just older enough to be grateful and am ready to continue my journey.

I hope to make my 27 - 60 plus my peak years. I will wear nice stylish clothes regardless of my age, I will laugh wildly regardless of my age, I will drool over nice food regardless of my age, I will be sincere with people regardless of the cynicism that might grow with time...

I will be older, and hopefully still sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|