Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Teacher and Agel

I owe you, Z.

Justin, thank you for ALL THE TROUBLE. Can you believe it? He took the trouble to stay up with us till 2.30am to finish the two rolls of films, got up the next day and send the films to town for developing, then waited there till the photos are ready, AND sent them to me in the office. You're an angel.

The photos are LOVELY. Will fix the bug and post one shot here soon....we look too good to be left unpublished.

Went back to Z's last night for a session on rhythms and stuff. It was a fun session for me, a bit scary to have to improvise on the spot but still, a ground-breaking experience for me.

"Don't worry about the effect now, just focus on EFFORT for now. If you don't start improvising now, today, you're never starting. Start now." Z.

We listened to funk, R & B (now I know what classifies a certain style of singing R & B), blues, jazz, swing, pop, classical, Celtic, country, metal, rock...she explained the rhythms to me by getting me to listen to the bass line in all the music and see how the vocals correspond to that.

Then we worked on a few songs, she worked on ME. I learned to snap my fingers to the rhythm of blues and swing. By the time she was done with me I could sing in time and got some ideas about improvising (you need to experiment, experiment and experiment).

...I'm getting all these free things! This weekend is pay back time, there has to be something in the mall that is nice n shiny for Z. As for Justin, hmmm....a ticket to Carmen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|