Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, December 20, 2004

The Phantom of the Opera

The phantom screwed up the sur-title projection at Carmen's opening night in KL, Istana Budaya. I heard it was quite a fuck-up, audience sat through the entire opera sung in French and dialogues in English without sur-title.

I had a great time on the Saturday night performance. The sur-titles worked fine and the dancing was great! Three and a half hours in the theatre is a little longer than usual but I guess the praises I received for my fabulous dress I wore that night make that well-worth it, haha.

Of course, now I know to never wear a tight-high stocking without a garter-belt. My new fishnet stocking failed to stay tight so I threw them out before walking into the theatre.

Love the costumes on the cast.
Love the sets, it moves!!!!
Love the singing, the acting could be better...Mercedes and Remanando were good though.
LOVE THE DANCING...sexy!
Love the music.

Still think the chorus will do a lot better with more feisty chicks in it...KL is no lack of such females.

Read more about audience comments and reviews on the show in Kakiseni.

Other highlights of the opera:

Sur-title booboo....

Cigarette girls to another group of girls (sung in French):

English sur-title: "You cat! You are just jealous!"
Malay Sur-title: "Awak kucing! Awak cemburu!"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|