Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Fashion Update

The bohemian is creeping back to my wardrobe. I've found new love in my Indian skirts and my flower corsages.

Meanwhile, if you are reading page 48 of UK GLAMOUR, remember that you read it
here first.

Will have my first Fashion Party after new year. Interested female person please leave your comments here.

DIY Fashion Swapping Party

"Trend setting, sociable and best of all, it's FREE!"

Mission & Objective
Save your dough in clothes shopping through recycling/swapping. Foster closer ties with your female friends.

Action
Get your girlfriends to gather items (from clothes to bags and earrings and shoes) from their wardrobe that they are bored of and meet at the hostess' house, then SWAP!! You can organize potluck on the side after you all get tired out by the impromptu catwalk and fashion consultation.

Made my solo trip to Second Charm (TTDI second hand shop) and Community Link on Saturday. Got this 70's dark blue fitting cowboy shirt from Charm, and a green velvet sari blouse, some sequins and beads for my Beatrice Looi dress. Community Link was a disappointment this round...I walked out empty handed.

Tried shopping in Bangsar Shopping Centre on Friday night, was two hours early for my YKLS concert. Most of the boutiques were obscenely decorated with Tai-taisque dresses that are too expensive for the likes of me but fortunately they are quite ugly too. Anyway the walkabout was depressing the hell out of me, the shop keepers were mainly lower class folks, who looked out of place and not in the mood for service. I told myself I'd be better off shopping on Saturday in second hand shops where I'd find better picks, and 100 times cheaper. Yes, the cowboy fitting blouse was RM 3 and the sequins at RM1.

I'm out growing the local flea market, I wish SPCA would organise more jumble sale in a year! I'm clothes hungry!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|