Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Envy & Jealousy

Jealous
=======
adj.
Fearful or wary of being supplanted; apprehensive of losing affection or position.
a. Resentful or bitter in rivalry; envious: jealous of the success of others. b. Inclined to suspect rivalry.
b. Having to do with or arising from feelings of envy, apprehension, or bitterness: jealous thoughts.

Envy
====
n. pl. enĀ·vies
a. A feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another.
b. The object of such feeling.

SM said I should blog about this, it's therapeutic...

Since two weeks ago, I can't help but get very jealous whenever I see a couple. The sight of them confirms my new status as a new single and I can't say that the thought makes me jump with joy, but I have to acknowledge that it hurts a lot, a lot, lot less in the past two days...

It irks me also to hear mushy stories of what couples do, ie. what sweet phone messages one sent to her partner, that surprise gift bought by a boyfriend, what he said to her during that romantic dinner at where...

Which leads me to wonder if jealousy is jealousy the result of insecurities? Obviously it is. I understand that the fact of me being dumped does not make me any less as a person...so then why am I so annoyed at the sight of couples??

Confused la.

I'm glad that I am able to relate what happened to me to friends without turning away and hide the tears now, but I'm just a tiny bit worry that my feelings could be suppressed under my cheery surface.

Well, fuck all these for now...I'm going to Rantau Abang for the weekend, yay!

Next mission in line: how to tell my parents

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|