Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Food fools

burrrp...

excuse me. Lunch at `Unique Seafood' with new boss (he's been on board for over five months now). The rest had the typical Chinese seafood set lunch while I ordered two vegetarian dishes, the stir-fry Chinese Romaine Lettuce with fermented bean curd was good, the tofu swimming in mixed vege sauce was so-so.

Typical, there was a karaoke machine in the private lunch room.

Being a Chinese and a vegetarian (in my own right, I eat eggs and cheese), I'm generally quite disgusted at the eating style of my fellow Chinese.

Ya, I'm disgusted at you people out there. Sue me.

I can't stand the extend they go to savour seafood, exotic wildlife....you name it. They drive miles out of town to some smelly, dirty restaurants with rude waiters just to pay very high price to stuff your face in cooked (or not) animals.

Ok, helping me to further illustrate my disgust is Audi's thoughts on disgusting, expensive food that some of us love to eat, The Relenting Force of Nature. Read it and you know how I feel when one engrosses oneself in describing his eating experience of some expensive but gross seafood.

And these restaurants stink like shit. You know how it's like THE thing to do now, to display all these fucking huge and stinking tanks full of sea creatures about to be slaughtered and become your lunch or dinner.

And someone commented that in China, these exotic or seafood restaurants actually look like a zoo! He said at the entrance of these happening eating places, there are cages and tanks with monkeys, dogs, crabs, snakes, fishes....what the fuck?

Why do we eat like that? I quote ST from his article [Why We Acquire Tastes for Nasty Things]:

"Shit is an acquired taste if you feed yourself enough of it."
from Big Big Planet

And you people ask me why am I a vegetarian. Duh.

'nuf said.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|