Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Friday, October 15, 2004

cooking for one

I have yet to figure out the best `cooking for one' formula. Groceries bought in the smallest portion is still too big for one head...before I have time to eat at home, the food would have gone bad. My first loaf of High 5 bread gone bad...the not-so-fresh onions from the store downstairs too got thrown out after my first cook-out.

My current cooking routine is eggs, pasta, eggs and lots of eggs. Making pasta can hardly qualify as cooking. I plan to slowly upgrade to soups, rice (when I receive a rice cooker as a gift) and maybe more vegetables.

I have yet to train to cook with less salt and oil. I'm currently sharing most of the cooking results with office or Chief, I shouldn't -- the cost will go up. Cooking for one is tricky, getting your portion right is the tricky bit.

Chief said he is going to the States for work, coming back in about three weeks' time. I told him there will be wild parties when he is gone.

Just kidding him la. No one in the right mind would want to clean up the whole place all by herself. The wild party would be walking round naked, that saves water for laundry...:)

Yay!! The whole place for myself...I can't wait but I doubt I will have much time to spend at the apartment. I imagine getting lonely and start talking to myself, or to the washing machine....aiyo! It's only three freaking weeks!!!! Maybe he only said two weeks.

....

I'm going to have fun, no matter what. I like that, `no matter what'. I've been `working very hard' since moving in, getting up early for work, prepare breakfast, cook, clean my room, shopping for groceries, sing, rehearsals, audition...etc.

I want to just do nothing in the new place. Just sleep, or just swim and eat and sleep...but,

this week: rehearsals
Oct 22, 23 & 24: The Voices of The Women concert
Nov: Voice exams!!!
Dec: National Finals!!!
Jan: hope to get accepted to M! Opera!!!

Had dinner last night at Justin's, to drop off half kg of Muruku for his dad, to pick up some laundry and toileterries, still couldn't find my Clinique soaps there. Mama seemed cheerful, she gave me a tight hug and smooch. His room was very clean, bed sheets untouched and bathroom dry and clean...he hasn't been back there for two days, I was told.

This feels weird but I can't really say what. The only difference it seems, it's that I stay elsewhere, I sleep with myself now and not with him. Other than that, the relationships I have with his family remain quite the same, even with him it sort of feels like same, apart from the physical thing.

When I don't think about getting dumped I don't feel anything. It's almost like I have flushed it out of me. I only cried a little bit when O and I talked about it last week. It's been six weeks and three days since he called it off...six weeks. I have come up pretty damn fast. It's so fast I can't believe some of it....

I'm going to have fun, no matter what.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|