Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Letter ten - Day fifteen of your vacation

Dearest J,

Am a naughty girl again, up so late. Tonight I have a good reason for it, I drove Wilson (Peter's singing friend from Singapore) to the hospital for an emergency check-in with a doctor, he is losing his voice due to an infection. After which I dropped Peter home, just got back.

Breakfast at Justin's was great. His fiancee Christine listened to me sing a few songs, she said she would like to do a duet with me at their wedding next year.

At 2pm he managed to talk me into watching Glitz & Glamour at 3pm, today's matinee performance was bought by Beneton. Kin Meng told me he wrote a little note for you in his editorial page of VIVA magazine, here it is:

In closing, I wish to dedicate this issue to Justin, who now enjoys the best seat in the house at every performance by Janet. "The show must go on!" as they say...we will see you at the End of the show where all meet again. God bless.

The performance was great, Nell looked super hot in her costumes. The last scene of the concert performance had the leading songstress (Soo Suan) crying and singing to her dead lover (Verhyn), dead in her arms after a club fight.

That scene got to me, I teared up a little thinking of you...and me singing next to you. I can only imagine now it feels like to have you touching my face.

I rushed home after the show to get ready for a sound check at 6pm. I was invited to sing at my client, Angie's wedding. Despite the initial fear of singing at weddings again two weeks ago when you first left, I felt normal during the performance, I dived into the songs. In fact, singing has not been `normal' since Oct 3rd.

I remember I wouldn't and couldn't sing for a few days, my vocal chords went into a mourning mode. The night before your funeral I downloaded the backing track for A Thousand Miles and sang the song in front of the Apple. The next day I sang.

From then on till today, every time I sing a lyric, or carry a tune, something feels different inside and singing just became more heightened. A heightened experience.

Tonight at Angie's when I sang La vie en rose to the guests, it felt right. I am at home again when I sing.

I left after my set of three songs to watch what's left of Rainbow Massacre at Annexe. Shelah said a dedication to Benjamin McKay and to you, she called you the `man who loves his life'. Peter also dedicated his performance of the song Being Alive to us. It was a great closing performance and really, there is a great family in the alternative lifestyle and music circle.

Tomorrow will be another packed day, two rehearsals and one jamming/meeting.

Received a photo of you today, sent to me via FB, of you in late September. You looked so handsome and slim there. Am glad I have this photo...Thank you!!

My body is shutting down, I better slurp some Manuka honey and get ready to hit the sack.'

miss you much!

B



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|