Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Letter three - Day eight of your vacation

Dearest J,

Just got home from technical rehearsal for my dance. It's lovely to have finished a theatre rehearsal walking out to find that it's still morning. We started on the dot at 10am and finished at 11am.

On the way up in the lift a security officer asked me carefully if he was allowed to ask me a question, I saw it coming. They heard about you being away, he called you the `big biker' and he referred you as my husband, my big biker husband. I like that.

People see you, the quiet and big shadow on the bike, not many words from you but people see you and they remember you.

The laundry is in the spinning tub. It's been a week, I have used up about four of your handkerchiefs. They are so useful, I am finally a hanky convert. I have always been disgusted with the amount of tissue paper I use.

I finally spoke to a bank loan officer today, this chap from Alliance is on leave today. I guessed the moment he answered the call on his mobile and I heard children in the background, maybe he is a family man. He was very nice and said he would call me tomorrow morning after he checks on your account.

Oh, Susheela is home from her UK holiday. The gang got me to Bentong last night for dinner after the dance rehearsal. I saw a few bikers going up the hill as I rode in Zal's car, they were like some fast alien creatures in the dark, dashing through the busy jungle of car lights.

Cher Siang introduced two songs to me yesterday, Evergreen and On A Clear Day. I have never read seriously into the lyrics of Evergreen and On A Clear Day, they are beautiful and moving.

So many have shared with me many meaningful poems in the past one week. I will put them up on the blog so we have a record of all these wisdom.

The flowers from Elizabeth & Denny in Singapore are blooming in the vase, maybe I should keep the flowers in the study where I sit more.

I think the laundry is done. I should move along now, I want to go through the songs for a gig next weekend.

More soon. Big hug...

Love,
B

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|