Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Deanna girls

The golden eyes make up was inspired by...

Saw this vcd my friend Jon passed to me before CNY...he shoot the video for me 4 years ago!!!! I popped it into my PC and boy, this is a video I was watching for the first time. Between 2001 and 2003 I did some a few live performances with Deanna Yusof as back-up singer. Jon videoed that one performance for us, some hot June evening when Deanna Yusof was the featured star on their ladies night, down in RP Club in Hyatt Regency.

Such memories!!!!

I wonder when I would get to sing those tunes again, Deanna's original hits, Kylie's Can't get You Out Of My Head, Abba's medley (ABBBBBAAA!!!!) and Makarina!!!!! Can't believe I actually memorized that song!!!!
Gorgoeus Deanna, the smooth operator on stage. I have so much to learn from just watching the video now. It's funny to see Nadia (back up singer) n I looking out-of-place-ly grim at some parts of the show!!! Nadia A. has since then became a little star of her own, as TV talent and appeared in movies, now studying in the States.

Though I love doing my usual classical repertoire now, I can't say I don't sometimes miss singing those oh-so-famous pop tunes. I remember how Deanna would showed me in her house to sing pop style, and played us her favourite CDs. It was her who introduced me to great singers like Eva Cassidy and Jane Monheit....

Time to drop her a note of a 4-year-old nosltagia.
after performance at bar Med (Desa Sri Hartams) in 2003 for Formula One pit party. From left - Maria Gomez, Deanna, Nadia A., myself and Marina (Deanna's assistant then).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|