Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Homecoming at Food Not Bombs

I went to my first Food Not Bombs KL (FNBKL) serving in years on Sunday. For slightly over a year few years ago, Justin and I spent all our Sundays serving free vegetarian food outside the Cathedral church at Jalan Bukit Nanas.

The serving...
vegetarian fried rice
good thing he got the last bit of the salad
the `side dish', butter and strawberry jam sandwiches
Tommie (in white) handing out the sandwiches
Boiled eggs for all
on the street where they feed allJustin and I brought to the serving about 6 suitcases of the leftover clothes from my morning jumble sale
for the folks there...
The people taking the food from FNBKL are mainly homeless and addicts, the folks I saw on Sunday looked different from the ones few years ago. This bunch on Sunday were younger and look healthier but we were happy to invite them to the free wardrobe.

David, a friend of FNBKL. I like his style

Herve & Alind, volunteer and friends of FNBKL
Reclaim the street...
Alind's new shirt, a gift from Alfeen, bought in Shanghai. Yes I told him what it says..."I'm a mad guy."After washing up and packing up, a bunch of us went to the nearby restaurant for a quick drink. Mi and Taek are travelling Koreans on their bicycles. They volunteered at the servings while they were here. Their project before moving on was planting vegetables for FNBKL at the current FNBKL house. They are goin to Bangkok today...
Kim, with life well-lived, telling her colorful life account over drinks and rotis.
J n I left just before 930pm, we went home dead tired. We finished the leftover dinner at his house and washed up....we went to bed happy, and that was what we did to celebrate OUR Valentine's day, on a Sunday.

If you are interested to find out more about FNBKL or volunteer for the serving, drop me an email ok?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|