Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

La vita e bella

While dusting off my dressing table earlier I picked after some photos that have fallen off their sticky tape from my wall mirror. When I first moved in here I did what I usually when I move into a new room, I paste photograghs of people I love in my new room. I looked at these shots and gasped at how wonderful they are. I quickly scanned them in and put them all back on my wall mirror. This corner is where all my guests stop and get attracted to all the wonderful shots of my friends....I put some of them here.

Plenty of memories...


I can't remember what year was this but SeeMing and I used to hang out at Music Exchange in Bukit Bintang, the ultra cool secondhand CD shop is behind Lot 10 and it had a tiny cafe that sold cheese sandwich and iced teas. We were showing off the secondhand stuff we bought that day, my book and her CD. The brown suede bag next to me is from Amcorp Mall, SeeMing is using it now, after six years we bought it together from the flea market.


With fellow volunteers the beach of Rantau Abang, I went as a volunteer for Malaysian Nature Society's beach cleaning project.



The singing girls and conductor celebrated 2005 new year at Du Viet in Bangsar Village. That morning Callie (furthest left) helped me cut my hair, checked my spanking new bangs then. The bangs stayed for a year before I decided to leave the look...from left: Callie, Bebe, myself, Nicole, Cheryl and Cheng May.



Can you see the original dust mark on this scanned shot? Anita (middle), mezzo soprano and Evelyn Toh (soprano) and I posed outside the competition hall while waiting for results in 2004. It was a competition held to select the four Malaysian representatives to compete in the Singapore-Malaysia singing championship. Among the three of us only Evelyn got chosen to compete and guess what, she won the title :)



This is my favourite picture of all I have taken from singing competitions and the like. From left: Evelyn Toh, Tan Sin Sim, myself, Kho Mei Ling & Anita. In this picture we had just finished auditioning for the 2004 production of Bizet's Carmen, the Frasquita and Mercedes (Carmen's girl buddies) hopefuls. Though I was complimented by the director for being the only singer who dressed in character for the audition, the panel found Mei Ling's voice most suitable to sing alongside Jessica Chen (Carmen) as Mercedes (mezzo) and later they found the other Carmen buddy in the form of Sharmila who hailed from New York but born in Penang. Tan Sin Sim later won the Singapore Art Songs Festival in 2005. Evelyn Toh won the 2006 Cammeronian Awards for best group music performance in voice with baritone Long Chai Hunt for their rendition of` Lippen Schweigen” by Lehar, in Evelyn Toh Solo Recital, presented by KL Music Society


Laughing wild after a recital outside Summit College Hall with Bebe, Zalina and Cheryl. Can't say that we go to watch recitals that often nowadays....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|