Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Audition-er

SM said personal blogs are meant to be self-indulgent...I have been, since day one, trying not to be but what the heck...I'll indulge away today....

I hate the nerves (grumpy, grouchy...loss of appetite, etc) I get before an audition.

I love meeting people at auditions.

I love introducing people I meet at auditions to local theatre...and to other auditions....increasing competition in your industry will push yourself to another level...they say.

I love it more when I meet old friends (ex-colleague from bank, college mates, ex-choir mates) at auditions.

I love the feeling I get after an audition, knowing my appetite would come back, I'd be less grumpy and the day is brighter....

My deepest gratitude to my man for keeping my mind of the auditions last weekend, despite the fact that he was dead tired, he took me on a drive on Saturday night to duno-where looking for my long lost ex-D'sara Utama midnight market. Since model Azura told me about her treasure finds at the newly located midnight market I have been dreaming about buying those huge shades there. We took off in my Sunny and headed towards Damansara Mutiara and went round and round there, with no clue on where the new market was, except I knew it was in some multi-purpose hall somewhere in the Damansara area...

My man found it for me, Dewan Muhibah, Kota Damansara...best thing was it was...a bit far from the Kota Damansara I know but it wasn't complicated.

So that took my mind off the audition I was going to the following morning, and we got some shopping done. I tried singing at the pasar malam karaoke but all they had were Malay pop songs...got none in my repertoire.

Ok, to make myself feel, better, productive, but not complacent, these are what I have been up to since April 2, after M! The Opera cast party.

I have been to:

5 auditions, 3 call backs, one pending, so that made 8?
4 concerts
1 play
2 paid singing jobs
1 master class
1 weekend vacation
1 jumble sale outing
lots of good time with friends and lover

upcoming calendar:

hopefully...1 script reading for a musical, and signing a contract :)
1 concert
1 recital
1 film screening
few parties

Keep me a busybody and I'm a happybody.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|