Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Brand new Chinese

This is better than any master class I have ever been to...and it's not even about singing.

I'm getting, hmm, free, Mandarin classes at Dama Orchestra's rehearsal for Butterfly Lovers (in KLPAC this September) and it's making me feel good.

I went to the first cast meeting feeling like a fraud, all around me were voice-over talents, recording artist, etc....including some people from non related industries AND they spoke perfect Mandarin....ok now that I have had two sessions with the language coach already I know that there's hardly anyone close to perfection yet BUT they all speak better than me.

I feel like a brand new person after tonight's session with Qing Wen, the Mandarin coach. According to her, I have hope. Forget the fact that back in school we didn't have to do much recitation in Mandarin....I simply have left my Mandarin for way too long, think 9 years.

Anyway, I think I'm managing fine, I just need to work on the lines EVERYDAY to be GOOD comes showtime. Speaking good Mandarin will set one apart in KL, because you hardly meet anyone nowadays that do.

The line between saying a word right and wrong is so thin, so fine that it felt like French...when I said `sit' (zuo) for over hundreds time with the coach to get the right enunciation.

But you watch, you'll see, I will better than ever....comes showtime!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|